Do you have any Christmas morning traditions? Anything special that you love waking up to, or making for your family? At our house we spend the morning in our pajamas, drinking hot chocolate, and having a yummy breakfast before we dive into the presents.
This year I am so excited that we’ll be having Christmas morning breakfast with these beautiful dishes from VIETRI. I’ve talked about VIETRI in the past, shared some of their gorgeous glassware, and told y’all a little bit about their Italian inspiration. Well, I’ve had my eye on this Lastra Holiday Set for years.
It’s the perfect addition to our Christmas traditions, and I am so excited to share these beautiful pieces with you. They are truly timeless, and would make such wonderful gifts, or something special to collect for yourself over the years.
They have everything from mugs, plates, baking dishes, serveware and napkins to matching ornaments. I’ll be collecting all of the pieces over the coming years I know. I just love them so much.
Now is a great time to purchase these items, and get them in time for Christmas, or save them for next year. You can get 20% off of your entire order with code LAURENK20.
Speaking of beautiful pieces, these Hibiscus Bud Vases are also from VIETRI. I love switching out flowers seasonally, and think that the white pops so much against the deep red of these Christmas flowers.
I’m also sharing the recipe to this delicious French Toast Casserole below. It’s so easy to make, and a crowd pleaser every Christmas morning at our house. I hope y’all have a wonderful holiday with family and friends!
French Toast Breakfast Casserole:
1 loaf of French Bread (about 8 oz) cut into cubes (I used Brioche Bread – either works)
1/2 cup butter
1 cup packed brown sugar
2 cups milk
1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
2 teaspoons of vanilla extract
2 teaspoons of cinnamon, divided
1 tablespoon of brown sugar, divided
powdered sugar for topping (optional)
pecan for topping (optional)
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Butter a 9×13 inch baking dish and set aside.
- In a small sauce pan, melt butter over medium heat. Once butter is melted, stir in brown sugar until dissolved and mixture is smooth. Pour mixture into the bottom of a 9×13 dish and spread evenly.
- Add bread crumbs to the dish, spreading over the top of the brown sugar/butter mixture.
- In a medium sized bowl, whisk together the eggs, milk, vanilla, and 1 tsp of cinnamon. Pour egg mixture over the top of bread cubes, insuring that all pieces of bread are saturated. Spring with remaining 1 teaspoon of cinnamon and 1 teaspoon of brown sugar.
- Bake in preheated oven for 25-30 minutes until top is golden brown. Remove from oven and sprinkle with powdered sugar and pecans if desired. Enjoy!
Thank you VIETRI for collaborating with me on today’s post!
Photos by KVC Photography.
SHOP ADDITIONAL ITEMS FROM THE POST
The Acrylic Sticks are from Sweet Caroline Designs.